PROTOCOL TO BE FOLLOWED FOR TELEMEDICINE IN BENGALURU
- Telemedicine facility has been started as per guidelines issued by Board Of Governers in all Wellness Centres of CGHS Bengaluru. Eligible beneficiaries may make use of this facility to obtain consultation and get valid prescriptions for continuous treatment.
- List of doctors available for Telemedicine facility clickhere
General Guidelines click here
- Beneficiary has to initiate the consultation by taking an online appointment.
- The beneficiary needs to forward the appointment confirmation email to the Wellness Centre(for mail id click here) from their registered email in advance requesting for Telemedicine.The beneficiary may choose to send recent relevant investigation reports.
- If email has not been registered, the beneficiary may do so themselves by visiting the beneficiary login section of cghs.nic.in.
- If beneficiary has not visited the same Medical Officer in person for the last 6 months period, then he/she is not eligible for Teleconsultation with that Medical Officer.
- The beneficiary may call the CGHS Wellness Centre on landline at the allotted time for online appointment and connect to the concerned Medical Officer.
- The Medical Officer shall verify and confirm the patient's identity by name, age, address, email ID, phone number, registered ID or any other identification as may be deemed to be appropriate before proceeding with the consultation.
- If the identity is not established, the Medical Officer may insist that the beneficiary calls from his registered mobile number or may call the beneficiary back to their registered mobile number.
- The patient’s condition needs to be quickly assessed by the Medical Officer based on available inputs and the Medical Officer uses his professional discretion to decide if emergency care is needed.
- If the condition of the patient merits emergency intervention, then advice for first aid/ immediate relief is provided and guidance is provided for referral, as appropriate.
- If the Medical Officer is satisfied that he/she has access to adequate patient information and if the condition can be appropriately managed by tele-consultation, he/she would go ahead with the tele-management of the patient.
- If the follow up is for continuation of care for the same medical condition, the Medical Officer would prescribe appropriate set of medications as indicated.
- If the follow-up consult reveals new symptoms pertaining to a different spectrum of disease other than common conditions, then it will be considered as a first consultation which can be done by video consultation alone. Proceeding as first consultation in such cases is subject to the availability of video conferencing facilities and the discretion of the Medical Officer.
- If the situation is NOT appropriate for further telemedicine consultation, then the Medical Officer may provide Health advice/ Education as appropriate; and/or refer for in-person consultation.
- The Medical Officer can choose not to proceed with the consultation at any time. At any step, the Medical Officer may refer or request for an in-person consultation.
- At any stage, the beneficiary has the right to choose to discontinue the teleconsultation.
- The Medical Officer will use the CGHS MIS module to open the beneficiary details and go through the past history.
- If the Medical Officer is satisfied with the follow up consultation, he may choose at his discretion to prescribe the medicines using the module including indenting of medicines.
- The Medical Officer shall add the details of the teleconsultation in the notes highlighting ‘CONSULTATION BY TELEMEDICINE’.
- The CGHS beneficiary will get the prescription online automatically to his registered email ID
- They may also access the prescription by logging into the CGHS MIS beneficiary login and checking ‘Beneficiary History Track’. In case of any doubts or mismatch, the beneficiary may contact the Medical Officer.
Collection of Medicines:
- The beneficiary should collect the medicines in person or through anyone authorized by within 4 days of the appointment.
- The beneficiary may contact the CMO In-charge of the Wellness Centre for any grievance.